Applied Learning Parents' Corner
Application for ApL courses has started. The deadline of application is 12 April 2019.
Students who are interested in taking ApL courses must apply through their schools. For details, please contact your school or our Section.
Click here to view the “List of Senior Secondary Applied Learning Courses (2019-21)”
Click here to watch “Applied Learning - Developing potential through diversified learning” to learn more about ApL courses.
Applied Learning (ApL) courses are elective subjects in the senior secondary curriculum. The duration of each ApL course generally extends over two school years from Secondary 5 to 6. All Secondary 4 students who intend to take ApL courses must apply from the Education Bureau through their schools and participate in the selection interviews arranged by course providers.
ApL aims at:
- offering diverse learning programmes for students with interest and inclination in areas other than those provided by the existing school curriculum;
- providing students with the opportunities to explore their orientation for life-long learning and career aspirations in specific areas;
- preparing students for further studies and/or work as well as life-long learning through the development of foundation skills, thinking skills, people skills, values and attitudes, and career-related competencies; and
- offering a substantial outcome for students to obtain recognition for further studies, work, or both at the senior secondary level.
Areas of Studies
There are six areas of studies for ApL:
- Creative Studies
- Media and Communication
- Business, Management and Law
- Applied Science
- Engineering and Production
Please click here to visit the website of Applied Learning for more information.