Fung Hon Chu Gifted Education Centre was established by the Education Department in 1995 under the recommendation of the Education Commission Report NO 4 (1990). The original site of the Centre was situated at No. 7 Shing Mun Road, Tsuen Wan. The Centre was named to commemorate its deceased benefactor Mr. Fung Hon Chu for donating eight million Hong Kong dollars for the phase-one renovation of the Centre. In April 2006, the Centre relocated to its present site in Kowloon Tong and functions as a hub for gifted education which promotes the development of gifted education in Hong Kong.
During 1996 to 2000, Fung Hon Chu Gifted Education Centre has provided enrichment programmes for over 1300 gifted students with special needs assessed and referred by the Educational Psychology Service Section. From 2001 to 2015, in response to the development of school-based gifted development programmes, the Education Bureau has invited all partner schools to nominate gifted students to participate in the programmes. As the Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education has extended the services to all local primary and secondary schools, the Centre ceased its provision of enrichment programmes in 2016.
3/F, East Block
EDB Kowloon Tong Education Services Centre
19 Suffolk Road, Kowloon Tong