Financial Assistance Scheme for Designated Evening Adult Education Courses
Financial assistance under the Financial Assistance Scheme for Designated Evening Adult Education Courses is provided to adult learners attending evening secondary courses run by the Approved Course Providers in designated centres. Students having fulfilled the eligibility criteria will be reimbursed a basic subsidy (30% of the tuition fees paid). In addition, needy students having obtained full or half assistance level in the means test administered by the Student Finance Office (SFO) of the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency and having completed the application procedures will be reimbursed in full (100% of the tuition fees paid) or half (50% of the tuition fees paid) respectively. Subsidies are provided on a reimbursement basis in two instalments after each school term. For details, please visit SFO's website at www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo (path: “Financial Assistance Schemes” > “Secondary level and below” > “Financial Assistance Scheme for Designated Evening Adult Education Courses”).
Eligibility Criteria for Tuition Fee Reimbursement as Confirmed by the Approved Course Providers
- Students must be aged 17 or above and attending evening secondary courses that are quality-assured and commissioned by the Education Bureau in the designated centres.
- Students must have attained the following minimum attendance requirement considered separately for each of the two school terms in a school year:
1. at least 80% attendance; or
2. at least 60% attendance plus an overall pass in the term assessment; or
3. at least 60% attendance plus inclusion of an exemption for the remaining 20% attendance to be proved by prescribed means including medical certificates or employers' certification of work commitment.
Conditions under which Students will not be Eligible for Tuition Fee Reimbursement
- Students who have obtained reimbursement under the former Project Yi Jin (PYJ) or the current Diploma Yi Jin (DYJ) Programme will not be eligible for reimbursement under this scheme unless they have refunded the HKSAR Government all the reimbursement obtained under the PYJ or DYJ Programme, regardless of whether they succeed or fail to complete the PYJ or DYJ Programme or attain the desired qualification under the scheme.
- Students cannot receive financial assistance for repeating the same level of study under the scheme, unless they switch from other curriculums to the New Senior Secondary curriculum.
Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme
- If students have financial difficulties in paying their tuition fees in advance, they can apply to the Student Finance Office for loans under the Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme.
From the 2016/17 to 2020/21 school years, the Education Bureau has appointed The Lutheran Church- Hong Kong Synod Limited, the HKCT Group Limited and the Kwun Tong Lutheran Evening School as Approved Course Providers for the provision of local evening secondary courses in the 16 Designated Centres listed below.
|School Name||Telephone Number||Address||Website|
|HKCT Adult Education Centre (Ho Tung Secondary School)||2192 8118||1 Ka Ning Path, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong||www.hkct.edu.hk/aec|
|Concordia Lutheran Teaching Centre(King's College)||2415 7666||63A Bonham Road, Hong Kong||www.evening-college.edu.hk|
|HKCT Adult Education Centre (Shau Kei Wan Government Secondary School)||2192 8118||42 Chai Wan Road, Shaukeiwan, Hong Kong||www.hkct.edu.hk/aec|
|Kwun Tong Lutheran Evening School||2191 7777||2 Horse Shoe Lane, Ngau Tau Kok Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon||www.lutheran.edu.hk|
|Concordia Lutheran Teaching Centre(Lung Cheung Government Secondary School)||2415 7666||1 Ma Chai Hang Road, Wong Tai Sin, Kowloon||www.evening-college.edu.hk|
|HKCT Adult Education Centre (Queen Elizabeth School)||2192 8118||152 Sai Yee Street, Mongkok, Kowloon||www.hkct.edu.hk/aec|
|HKCT Adult Education Centre (Kowloon Technical School)||2192 8118||332-334 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon||www.hkct.edu.hk/aec|
|Shatin Lutheran Evening School||2415 7666||5 On King Street, Shatin, New Territories||www.evening-college.edu.hk|
|MKMCF Ma Chan Duen Hey Memorial Evening College||2415 7666||2 Wan Lung Road, Tseung Kwan O, New Territories||www.evening-college.edu.hk|
|HKCT Adult Education Centre (Sha Tin Government Secondary School)||2192 8118||11-17 Man Lai Road, Shatin, New Territories||www.hkct.edu.hk/aec|
|HKCT Adult Education Centre (Tseung Kwan O Government Secondary School) (Evening)||2192 8118||2 King Yin Lane, Tseung Kwan O, New Territories||www.hkct.edu.hk/aec|
|HKCT Adult Education Centre (Fanling Government Secondary School)||2192 8118||27 Yat Ming Road, Fanling, New Territories||www.hkct.edu.hk/aec|
|Lui Cheung Kwong Lutheran Evening College||2415 7666||On Ting Estate, Tuen Mun, New Territories||www.evening-college.edu.hk|
|Holy Cross Lutheran Evening College||2415 7666||31 Lo Tak Court, Tsuen Wan, New Territories||www.evening-college.edu.hk|
|Gertrude Simon Lutheran Evening College||2415 7666||1 Town Park Road North, Yuen Long, New Territories||www.evening-college.edu.hk|
|HKCT Adult Education Centre (Tsuen Wan Government Secondary School)||2192 8118||70 Hoi Pa Street, Tsuen Wan, New Territories||www.hkct.edu.hk/aec|
Enrolment and Enquiries
For enrolment and enquiries on the course, please contact the respective centres at the relevant contact telephone number.
(i) For enquiries relating to tuition fee reimbursement, loans under this Financial Scheme and the relevant application procedures, please contact the Student Finance Office (SFO).
Student Finance Office(SFO)
Telephone Number: 2802 2345 (Tuition Fee Reimbursement)
Telephone Number: 2802 2345 (Assessment of Eligibility for Full/Half Fee Reimbursement)
Telephone Number: 2150 6223 (Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme)
(ii) For enquiries relating to this Financial Scheme, please contact the Education Bureau.
Telephone Number: 3509 7404