Constitution and Basic Law Online Course for Secondary School Students’ Self-directed Learning
- The Online Course aims to help secondary school students acquire relevant basic knowledge of the Constitution and Basic Law. Also, teachers can adopt and combine different learning and teaching strategies flexibly to deliver and promote Constitution and Basic Law education through junior secondary humanities subjects. As a result, students can have a better understanding of the rationales and contents of the Constitution and Basic Law. The Online Course is composed of 9 modules:
Module 1: "One Country, Two Systems" and the Basic Law
Module 2: Relationship between the Central Authorities and the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Module 3: Interpretation and Amendment of the Basic Law
Module 4: Fundamental Rights and Duties of the Hong Kong Residents
Module 5: Basic Characteristics of the Political Structure of the HKSAR
Module 6: The Basic Law and Public Finance
Module 7: How the Basic Law Protects the Development of Monetary Affairs and Trade in Hong Kong
Module 8: The Basic Law and Daily Life
Module 9: External Affairs
- Student Login 【Applicable in 2022/23 school year after schools have updated students’ data in HKEdCity’s School Account Administration system】
- School Registration 【Applicable in 2022/23 school year after schools have updated students’data in HKEdCity’s School Account Administration system】
- Schools’ HKEdCity account administrators can register for their schools online:
School Registration website:
- Different version(s) can be selected during registration: Chinese / English / Chinese and English.
- After successful registration, the Online Course will be activated after one working day.
- Teacher(s) can distribute the URL to students and students can login to the course with their EdConnect account.
- (For schools which have selected the "Chinese and English" version) Each student can only register for one of the language versions (i.e. either Chinese or English version)
- After login to the course(s) with their HKEdCity (EdConnect) accounts, teachers concerned can understand their students’ learning progress in the Online Course.
- (2022/23 school year) Last date of login: 11 August 2023.
- 【For issues related to the management of students' accounts, please contact HKEdCity on 2624 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org】
- Installing the Online Course on School Servers
- Each secondary school has received ONE set of DVDs containing the School Server Version by post in mid-March 2018.
- Schools can follow the instructions provided to install the Online Course on their school servers for students’ flexible use.
- The content of the school server version is identical to that of the web version (up to early March 2018).
- Patch file (092022): With reference to the following steps, schools could download the patch file and install it on the Online Course (English version) in the school servers for updating purpose
Download the patch file.
Unzip the patch file. The zip file should contain a folder named "ROOT".
Open the directory of Tomcat installed.
Go to "webapps" folder.
Copy the unzipped "ROOT" folder to replace the new files to /webapps/ROOT/ folder.
System will prompt for confirmation of files replacement, click "yes" to confirm.
After confirmation, the patch file is applied to the Online Course English Version.