Quality Assurance Framework
Quality Assurance Framework - Distinctive Features
- It is based on common, open and objective Performance Indicators (Kindergartens), formulated in the light of the aims of kindergarten education, to provide tools for the assessment of the quality of education in schools.
- It is built on interacting and transparent quality assurance processes, namely SSE and QR.
- It takes into account the strengths of existing QA activities and school-based management, and the traditional values and changing needs of schools.
- Through partnering with other Divisions of the Bureau, it seeks to provide support for school, while maintaining a balance with school accountability, and monitor school performance along with objective recommendations for improvement.
- It aims at achieving quality school education through school improvement and accountability.
- Schools must be able to develop sustainably. Yet, their situation changes every year and so do the opportunities and challenges that they face. Therefore, schools are necessary to conduct SSE every year.
- After a school term ends, schools should evaluate the effectiveness of work plans and all aspects of their work over the past year (Evaluation) before setting up the work plan for next school year (Planning) according to their situation and children’s learning needs. When relevant strategies and work are implemented in the new school term, school management will assume a monitoring role (Implementation & monitoring). During the implementation process, schools will collect relevant information for evaluation (Evaluation) after the end of the next term.
- The following figure shows the flow of the inter-connected self-evaluation processes, viz. planning, implementation and evaluation. Assuming the school has drafted the work plan of this year based on its SSE findings, with implementation and monitoring throughout the school year, at the end of the school term, the school can carry out evaluation based on the collected information before preparing the School Report of this year and drafting the work plan of next year.