[Archive] Quick Recipes for EMI Classes
- What are the objectives of this set of materials?
- These materials function as ‘quick recipes?to provide teachers with ideas and activities to smoothen students? transition during the early days of being in an EMI school at S1
Project Team Members:Evelyn Yee-fun Man (CUHK), David Coniam (CUHK), Christine Bruce (CUHK), Icy Kit-bing Lee (HKBU), Cecilia Tam (HKUST) and Ann Cheung (Immanuel LutheranCollege), with Alice Kit-sang Chau (CUHK)
- What is this set of materials about?
- The materials serve as ‘quick recipes?for helping S1 students adapt to EMI during their early lessons.
- The materials help students to, for example,
- get to know the common vocabulary or terminology used in some school subjects
- find their way around their new school
- build confidence in using everyday English in a fun and active manner.
- What are the special features of this set of materials?
- These materials came about in response to teachers?needs and incorporated language and subject teachers?suggestions.
- Examples taken are directly from textbooks or teachers? experiences based on students?needs
- There are two parts to this set of materials:
- The first gives suggestions for activities in early lessons in an EMI school for the following subjects: English, Mathematics, Geography, History, I.S., E.P.A., Computer Literacy, D & T, Home Economics (Cookery and Needlework), Art & Design, Music and P.E.
- The second contains ideas about short activities for English language teachers and teachers of all subjects respectively.
- Contents of the Materials
PDF (500 KB)