Joyful Online Learning at Home
The EDB has launched the “Joyful Online Learning at Home series” for students with special educational needs (SEN), allowing parents to help them study at home. The relevant online resources include tips to help students prepare for exams, short video clips on word recognition strategies, reading aids to improve Chinese literacy skills, teaching materials to cultivate good habits and execution skills for students with AD/HD, materials to enhance social adaption skills for students with ASD, and training materials for language and communication skills, etc. We hope that by providing online resources, we can assist parents and teachers in helping students with SEN use effective strategies and teaching materials, make good use of their leisure time at home, and sustain their learning.
- E-posters for students and parents: “How to make good use of summer vacation?”
1. Support students with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Make Proper Plan
- Assist parents to teach their children to draw up timetables for summer activities, to arrange time for play, study and rest jointly, to enjoy a relaxing and fulfilling summer vacation.
- Gather for Fun
- Assist parents to guide their children to make plans for activities, so as to improve their executive skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Develop Good Learning Habits
- Assist parents to develop a conducive learning environment for their children and teach them effective time management, in order to enhance their learning effectiveness.
- Relax to Recharge
- Provide tips for parents to recognize their own feelings and make use of various strategies to maintain physical and mental health.
2. Support students with Specific Learning Difficulties (Chinese version only)
3. Support students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (Chinese version only)
4. Support students with Speech and Language Impairments (Chinese version only)