Human Resource Management of Schools
Handling Complaints and Disputes (suggested learning time: approximately 95 minutes)
This section provides highlights of the thematic seminars previously organized for school managers, focusing on handling school complaints and disputes through mediation. The content serves as a reference for SMC members to enhance their roles of governance.
Views in the videos are purely shared by the speaker in his/her capacity. They are for reference only and should not be construed as legal advice or recommendation, which schools should obtain in each particular case if necessary.
(1) Video 1 : The Benefits of Mediation (Speaker: Mr. Albert SO, Solicitor) (Chinese version only)[Video length: about 14 minutes]
(2) Video 2 : The Soft Skills of Mediation (Speaker: Mr. Albert SO, Solicitor and Ms. WONG She-lai, Shirley, former principal) (Chinese version only)[Video length: about 2 minutes]
(3) Video 3 : Settling Dispute with School Staff (Speaker: Mr. Albert SO, Solicitor and Ms. WONG She-lai, Shirley, former principal) (Chinese version only)[Video length: about 12 minutes]
- Regarding the handling of conflicts between staff in the past, how can mediation be used to achieve a better result?
- If “mediation” is added to the school-based guidelines for handling complaints, do you think it will help to handle complaints and disputes? What are the reasons?
- Please read Guidelines for Handling School Complaints (Updated on 5.10.2023). [37 pages]
- Please read EDB document "Reference materials on Mediation". [2 pages]
Back to Learning Journey for SMC members