|Sponsoring Body Manager||Independent Manager||Alumni Manager|
1) How does a teacher manager participate in the discussions of the IMC in a personal capacity?
2) How does a teacher manager offer opinions from the perspective of teacher professionalism so as to facilitate school development?
3) A teacher manager is a member of the management authority, but not a representative of teachers. How should the two roles be clarified?
1) How does a teacher manager understand the concerns of the school management and balance the needs of the frontline teachers?
2) How does a teacher manager consider the needs of the school and offer opinions from the perspective of overall school development?
3) How does a teacher manager assist the school with the planning of long-term development?
1) Please read Section 40AS - Provisions Applicable to Alternate Managers of the Education Ordinance.
2) Please read paragraphs 2.2, 2.3.2, 2.4 and 2.5 in Section 2 “The School-based Management Governance Framework” of the School Managers’ Handbook.
3) Reflection Activities: (It is suggested recording the key points during the reflection process.)
- Please think carefully and list the characteristics, strengths, areas for improvement, resources and other support systems of the IMC of your school.
- Do you find it difficult to be a teacher manager? How do you overcome the challenges?
- How do you equip yourself to discharge the duties of a teacher manager?
4) Quiz: Facts about Teacher Managers