print page
< Back
Menu > About EDB >
Forms & Circulars
-
Forms
-
Circulars
< Back
Menu > About EDB >
Annual Open Data Plans
-
Annual Open Data Plans
-
Public Sector Information
< Back
Menu > Curriculum Development >
Major Levels of Education
-
Kindergarten Education
-
Primary Education
-
Secondary Education
< Back
Menu > Curriculum Development >
Assessment
-
Basic Competency Assessment (BCA)
-
References
< Back
Menu > Students and Parents Related >
Life Planning Education and Career Guidance
-
Life Planning Education
-
Business-School Partnership Programme
< Back
Menu > Students and Parents Related >
Non-Chinese speaking (NCS) students
-
Education services for non-Chinese speaking (NCS) students
-
What's new
-
Overview
< Back
Menu > Students and Parents Related >
Programs and Services
-
Programs
-
Services
< Back
Menu > Teachers Related >
Qualifications, Training and Development
-
Qualification
-
Training
-
Development
< Back
Menu > School Administration and Management >
Financial Management
-
About Financial Management
-
Information on Subsidy
-
Notes to School Finance
< Back
Menu > School Administration and Management >
School Premises Related Information
-
Allocation of a School
-
Furniture and Equipment List for New Schools
-
School Premises Maintenance
< Back
Menu > Public and Administration Related >
Public Forms and Documents
-
Public Forms
-
Efficiency Office - Guide to Corporate Governance for Subvented Organisations
< Back
Menu > Public and Administration Related >
Tender Notices
-
Tender Notices
-
Works Tender Notice
Main content start

Primary One Admission (POA) System

 

The existing POA system consist of two stages: "Discretionary Places Admission" and "Central Allocation".

At the "Discretionary Places Admission" stage, parents may apply to any government or aided primary school without the restriction of school net. For "Central Allocation", there are two categories of places. 10% of the places (Category A) are earmarked for unrestricted school choices. Parents may choose up to three schools irrespective of school nets. The remaining 90% of the central allocation places (Category B) are for restricted school choices and parents should select the primary schools available in their residing school net.

But if parents indicate in the "Application Form for Admission to Primary One" that their child cannot use Chinese as a learning medium, they can choose any schools in their residing school net in Category B as well as schools from any school nets which traditionally have a higher intake of NCS students.

"Central Allocation" is based on parental choices and students' random numbers. The computer programme will first process the unrestricted school choices and then the restricted school choices.

For details, please refer to the below website:

http://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/spa-systems/primary-1-admission/index.html