Parent Seminar on Admission Arrangements for Nursery (K1) Classes in Kindergartens for the 2022/23 School Year
The Education Bureau (EDB) will continue to implement the admission arrangements for nursery (K1) classes in kindergartens (KGs) for the 2022/23 school year (2022/23 K1 Admission Arrangements). Parents who wish to apply for admission to a K1 class in a KG joining the KG education scheme (Scheme-KG) for their children in the 2022/23 school year should follow the procedure set out below. The procedure is applicable to all non-profit-making KGs joining the Scheme.
- The EDB will issue a registration document to each student who can receive education in Hong Kong and all Scheme-KGs should only admit students holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to apply to the EDB for a registration document for admission to KGs from September to November 2021. Details on application will be uploaded to the EDB’s website in early September.
- Parents should understand from KGs about their school-based admission mechanism, including the procedure, criteria, interview arrangements, application fee, etc. They should obtain application forms and submit applications for admission in accordance with the requirements as specified by individual KGs.
- KGs will inform parents of their application results before 17 December 2021.
- Upon receipt of notification(s) of admission, parents should, after careful consideration, choose one KG for registration. They are required to submit the valid registration document and pay the registration fee at the KG to complete the registration procedure during the Centralised Registration Dates (i.e. 6 to 8 January 2022).
- The EDB will release K1 vacancy information from the end of January 2022 onwards.
The EDB will conduct 25 identical parent seminars in July this year to explain details of the “2022/23 K1 Admission Arrangements” (for details of the parent seminars, please visit the EDB’s website at <https://www.edb.gov.hk/parentstalks_e
>). For details of the related admission arrangements, please refer to the EDB’s website (https://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e
). For enquiries, please call the EDB (Enquiry hotline: 3540 6808 / 3540 6811; hotline for parents of NCS children: 28926676) or the 24-hour automatic telephone enquiry system at 2891 0088. Parents may also call the EDB’s Regional Education Offices or the Joint Office for Kindergartens and Child Care Centres.