Notes on Submission of Primary One Admission Application Form
Parents who want to apply for a Primary One (P1) place in government or aided primary schools for their children at the Discretionary Places Admission stage under the Primary One Admission (POA) System have to submit the completed application form together with the originals and the photocopies of all supporting documents directly to the school they intend to apply to during school office hours between September 20 and 27 (excluding Saturday, Sunday and the public holiday).
Parents who are unable to submit the application form in person may authorise in writing a representative to bring along the above-mentioned documents to the school on their behalf. Parents should note that, in light of the latest developments of COVID-19, to avoid gatherings of people, schools may arrange for parents to put the original copy of the application form and the photocopies of the supporting documents in the drop-in box provided by the school to shorten parents’ waiting time. Under this circumstance, parents should note the corresponding arrangements on providing the originals of the documents to schools for verification.
Parents who are unable to submit the application in person or authorise a representative to submit on their behalf may arrange the submission of the application form and the photocopies of the supporting documents by post between September 20 and 27 (the postmark date should not be later than the prescribed deadline). The school will arrange for parents to provide the originals of the supporting documents to the school for verification on or before November 1, 2021. After verifying the corresponding documents, the school will return a copy of the application form with the school chop to parents for record.
When parents complete and submit the Application Form, please note the following-
(1) During the Discretionary Places Admission stage, parents may apply to only one government or aided primary school which may be in or outside the school net in which they reside.
(2) Parents should submit only one application form for each child. If parents are found to have applied to more than one government or aided primary school, their applications for a discretionary place would be rendered void.
(3) When completing the POA application form, parents should fill in the actual residential address of their child. The Education Bureau (EDB) has put in place a checking mechanism to verify the residential address reported by parents. If a false address is given by parents to secure a P1 place for their child under the POA System, the application will be rendered void and the P1 place allocated will be withdrawn. In addition, parents should note that making a false instrument is a criminal offence under the existing legislation.
(4) Children who have accepted the offer of P1 places in Direct Subsidy Scheme primary schools will not be allocated P1 places in government or aided primary schools through the POA System. If he / she was allocated a school place through POA, his / her P1 place allocated will be withdrawn.
(5) All schools will release their discretionary places admission results on 22 November 2021. For applicant children who are not allocated with discretionary places, they would join the Central Allocation. The Choice-making dates for Central Allocation fall on 22 and 23 January 2022. Details will be announced later.
Parents who opt to apply for Central Allocation only should submit the completed application forms with originals and copies of the supporting documents during office hours between September 20, 2021, and January 21, 2022, to the Education Bureau's School Places Allocation Section (Primary One Admission) at Office 2, 2/F, Manulife Financial Centre, 223 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon.
For details regarding POA 2022, parents may refer to the EDB’s POA Website（URL：https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/spa-systems/primary-1-admission/index.html）. If parents have any enquiries, please contact the School Places Allocation Section of the EDB:
In case there are any suspected cases of using a false address for POA applications, please report to the EDB by calling the School Places Allocation Section hotline at 2832 7700.