Strength of Schools
|Professional Development Programme||CoE School List||Online Remote/On-site Support Application Form|
|Name of School||Strength of School||Contact|
|Caritas Fanling Chan Chun Ha Secondary School|
- Our school has proactively developed the Information Technology (IT) in education and is committed to integrating IT in education inside and outside the classroom as well as in our administration to build up a digital campus. In the 2013/14 school year, our school has already built a WiFi network.
- In the 2014/15 school year, our school launched the "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) scheme in certain classes, and the scheme has been extended to all the classes in the school.. Parent seminars relating to IT in education is held every year so as to enhance home-school cooperation as well as to strengthen the parents’ confidence in e-learning.
- In the 2016/17 school year, our school has set up an "e-learning study room" to support teachers and students in using e-learning tools. In the 2017/18 school year, our school also implemented electronic administration to enhance administrative efficiency.
- Our school also makes good use of different e-learning platforms, e-learning tools or activities, including Virtual Reality (VR), outdoor field trips, etc., in different subjects, e.g. Geography, Liberal Studies, Life and Society and Mathematics etc., in order to enhance the learning and teaching effectiveness and strengthen students’ self-directed learning abilities.
Ms LI Man-ming
Mr PANG Yui-lik
Tel: 2669 9966
|Chinese YMCA College|
- In the 2018/19 school year, the school launched the "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) scheme in the whole S1 level and reminded students the points to note when using mobile computer devices in schools by formulating ‘Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Meanwhile, our school actively strengthened Information Literacy (IL) related education in junior secondary level subjects and organised class observation for other schools. The use of mobile computer devices has enabled students to continue their learning at home during the class suspension.
- Starting from the 2016/17 school year, our school has launched computational thinking/coding education using Micro:bit, a microcomputer board in S1-3 Computer Studies. Our school, through the granting of the funding from the Quality Education Fund, also assists local primary and secondary schools to develop school-based STEM curriculum.
- To promote e-learning, our school teaching team also conduct professional sharing in various occasions frequently, namely Professional Development Programmes (PDPs) organised by the Education Bureau (EDB) or on-site Teachers’ Development Days as well as take part in overseas events, e.g. Global Chinese Conference on Computers in Education (GCCCE) and London BETT Shows.
Mr Leung Chun-kit
Tel: 2641 9588
|HK SKH Bishop Hall Secondary School|
- In the 2018/19 school year, the school launched the "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) scheme from all S1 classes and will extend the BYOD scheme to the whole school in the 2020/21 school year.
- Our teachers produced large number of teaching videos for "Flipped Classroom" using Microsoft Stream platform to promote self-directed learning. Furthermore, Mathematics classwork and assignments have gone completely paperless with the use of Microsoft Teams and Microsoft OneNote.
- Our students are used to using OneNote to organise their notes and add multimedia elements for future revision. Furthermore, students also use the immersive reader function in OneNote to brush up their listening and speaking skills.
- Our students also use different e-learning tools to respond to teachers’ questions in forms of text, image and webpage etc. to facilitate classroom interaction.
- Our teachers are good at using various e-learning tools to deploy electronic assignments with automatic marking and grading function so that learning data can be collected for feedback to teaching.
Mr KAN Ka-hei
Mr Tsui Kin-chung
Tel: 2347 9224
|Ling Liang Church E Wun Secondary School|
- Our school participated in the "Pilot Scheme on e-Learning in Schools" from the 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2013/14 school years and implemented e-learning mainly in Chinese Language, English language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science in junior secondary levels.
- In the 2014/15 school year, our school joined the "WiFi Infrastructure Enhancement Scheme" to enhance our school’s WiFi infrastructure for the use of e-learning resources in the classroom by teachers and students.
- Since 2014/15 school year, our school started implementing the "Bring Your Own Device"(BYOD) scheme from S1 to other levels. In this school year, the BYOD scheme has been extended to senior secondary levels on a pilot basis.
- The school established "Multi-media e-Learning Resources Studio" (iStudio) in 2015/16 school year. iStudio aims to support teachers in using e-learning more effectively in lessons by creating e-learning teaching materials and providing teacher trainings.
- The school has built up a self-learning repository on a Learning Management System (LMS) to enhance students’ self-directed learning. We have constructed LMS in Chinese Language, English Language, Mathematics, Liberal Studies, Sciences and Personal, Social and Humanities Education subjects.
Mr So Chi-fung
Tel: 2109 4000 / 3698 3669
|Lok Sin Tong Yu Kan Hing Secondary School|
- Our school utilises wireless network and mobile computer devices to enhance the learning and teaching effectiveness of various subjects, including Chinese Language, English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Humanities, Liberal Studies, Geography and Maker Education, etc.
- Our school has established an "e-Leadership and e-Learning Team" to provide administrative support and strengthen the implementation of IT education in each subject.
- Our school has fully implemented the BYOD scheme. Since the 2018/19 school year, our school has adopted e-textbooks and e-resources in Chinese Language, English Language, Mathematics, Chinese History, Geography, Putonghua and Computer Studies to support the relevant Community of Practice by the EDB.
- Our school uses "Flipped Classroom" in English Language, Liberal Studies, etc. to enhance students’ self-directed learning.
- Our school’s Maker Education has already been integrated in junior secondary curriculum to foster the development of students’ abilities in applying IT and computational thinking through cultivating students' "hands-on" abilities and creativity.
- Our school promotes Artificial Intelligence (AI) in education to enhance the effectiveness of teaching and learning.
- Our school, in collaboration with different universities and partners, conducts various e-learning activities.
Mr MAN Ho-wai
Tel: 2336 2657
|Maryknoll Secondary School|
- Our school promotes blended learning, which combines teaching and technology to strengthen students' self-directed learning and technology-based learning habits.
Mr CHEUNG Kelvin
Tel: 2758 3102 / 3698 3571
|SKH Li Fook Hing Secondary School|
- Our school not only proactively develops innovative technology education and builds up a digital campus but also strives to integrate IT into learning and teaching and enhance school administration effectiveness.
- Our school enhanced WiFi infrastructure for the use of e-learning resources in the classroom and enhancing teacher-student interaction.
- Having adopted G Suite for Education and Chromebook for Google Classroom in earlier years, in the 2017/18 school year, our school used Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology to optimise all classroom desktop computers. Some special rooms are equipped with laser touch interactive panels.
- As early in 2016/17 school year, our school has launched the new DIY and VR experience activity "STEM with Google VR Cardboard", and further promoted reading using Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). Also, we established an intelligent library in the 2019/20 school year to replace the original bar code scanning on loan and inventory equipment with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID).
Mr. CHAN Tsun-ming
Tel: 2560 5678
|Tsung Tsin College|
- e-Learning is one of our school’s major concerns in the 3-year development plan. Our school also formulated "IT in Education Strategy" in all Key Learning Areas.
- To raise students’ learning motivation, our school formed a "Curriculum Reform Committee" to formulate our IT in education policy. In addition, our teachers in "e-Learning Focus Group" are also committed to exploring innovative pedagogies to enhance the effectiveness of learning and teaching.
- Our school implemented a curriculum reform in the junior secondary ICT, setting objectives for "Education in the 21st Century" to strengthen students’ IT and Information Literacy.
- Our school installed optical fibre network in all classrooms and special rooms with full wireless network coverage in the whole school. All our school teachers are also provided with mobile computer devices as teaching tools.
Mr KOK Yam-nam
Tel: 2463 7373
|Yan Chai Hospital Law Chan Chor Si College|
- Our school has adopted mobile computer devices, Learning Management System (LMS), together with school-based curricula, to support e-learning activities, including Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), interactive classroom teaching, game based learning and outdoor investigation etc., to enhance the effectiveness of learning and teaching.
- The school proactively develops IT in education, in particular with significant development in Chinese Language and Humanities subjects. Different e-learning platforms and Apps are used to arouse students’ interest in learning and to enhance learning outcomes.
- Since the 2015/16 school year, our school started e-reading scheme which aims to promote students’ interest and abilities in reading.
- In the 2015/16 school year, our school established an e-learning centre called "Fun Fun Zone". In this learning space, students can participate in different e-learning activities, and make use of electronic devices to conduct self-directed learning easily.
- As one of the selected schools in the "Enriched IT Programme", our school launched enriched IT classes to provide AR, VR and coding training to students who are interested and talented in IT.
Ms CHAN Hiu-mui
Tel: 2682 1315
|Yuen Long Merchants Association Secondary School|
- In the 2019/20 school year, real-time online teaching were carried out using Microsoft Teams during the class suspension. Also, Microsoft Teams was deployed to conduct online assessment for S6, S1 and S2 cross-boundary students.
- Since the 2018/19 school year, our school has launched the Inter-school STEM Competition for inter-disciplinary project-based learning on various daily life topics To encourage students to use high order thinking skills to solve the problems they encountered.
- Various online learning platforms and educational apps are applied in lessons to cater for learner diversity and nurture students’ generic skills.
- Our school promotes flipped classroom to promote students’ self-directed learning, learning to learn and knowledge building.
- With the use of e-learning tools, learning is extended outside the classroom and integrated with the activities of Other Learning Experiences, e.g., the digitalization of fieldwork over the local community to enhance the Independent Enquiry Study skills of Liberal Studies.
- IT in Education Committee is set up to provide administrative support for facilitating effective e-learning in various subjects.
Ms WONG Fung-ming
Mr CHAN Po-yuen