Has the school formulated the following policies?
1) Does your school ensure that appropriately qualified staff are employed? Does the appointment comply with the requirements of the Education Ordinance, the Education Regulations, the Code of Aid, the Employment Ordinance, other local laws (such as anti-discrimination ordinances) and the circulars issued by the Education Bureau (EDB) from time to time?
2) Has your school checked the potential appointees’ teacher registration status, whether they have any criminal conviction record, whether they are involved in any ongoing criminal proceedings or investigations (including but not limited to arrest or apprehension by the police), or whether they are being investigated by schools or the EDB over professional misconduct allegations? Has the school checked related information through the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme?
3) Does your school ensure that the criteria and procedures for the appointment and selection of staff are fair, open and transparent?
3) Please read the EDB circulars related to staff appointment, promotion and succession arrangements such as the followings:
4) Quiz in Staff Appointment, Promotion and Succession Planning