|Sponsoring Body Manager||Independent Manager||Alumni Manager|
1) How does an independent manager collaborate with the other IMC members in an independent capacity?
2) What is school context? How does an independent manager grasp the school context?
3) How does an independent manager propose an appropriate direction in school governance from multiple perspectives?
|1) How does an independent school manager achieve joint participation and collaborate with the other IMC members?|
2) How does an independent manager understand the current challenges faced by teachers and strengthen their performance?
3) How does an independent manager assist the school in striking a balance between formal and non-formal education?
|1) Please read Section 40AQ - Nomination of Independent Manager of the Education Ordinance and paragraphs 2.2, 2.3.5, 2.4 and 2.5 in Section 2 “The School-based Management Governance Framework” of the School Managers’ Handbook.|
|2) Reflection Activities: (It is suggested recording the key points during the reflection process.)|
- Please think carefully and list the characteristics, strengths, areas for improvement, resources and other support systems of the IMC of your school.
- Please review your strengths and set a goal which is achievable during your tenure as an independent manager. What difficulties do you expect in achieving this goal? How will you overcome them?- Do you find it difficult to be an independent manager? How do you overcome the challenges?
- How do you equip yourself to discharge the duties of independent manager?
3) Quiz: Facts about Independent Managers