|Sponsoring Body Manager||Independent Manager||Alumni Manager|
1) How does a parent manager understand the school policies and make contributions?
2) How does a parent manager assist in school governance so as to enhance students’ learning effectiveness?
3) How does a parent manager strike a balance between the needs of school development and students for growth?
1) How does a parent manager assist the school principal and teachers in managing and running the school?
2) How does a parent manager understand the school affairs and help school development?
3) How does a parent manager contribute to the IMC?
|1) Please read Section 40AS - Provisions Applicable to Alternate Managers of the Education Ordinance.|
2) Please read paragraphs 2.2, 2.3.3, 2.4 and 2.5 in Section 2 “The School-based Management Governance Framework” of the School Managers’ Handbook.
|3) Reflection Activities: (It is suggested recording the key points during the reflection process.)|
- Do you know the vision and mission of your school well? Please think carefully and list the characteristics of, concerns of and resources available to the IMC of your school.
- Please review your strengths and set a goal which is achievable during your tenure as a parent manager. What difficulties do you expect in achieving this goal? How will you overcome them?- How do you equip yourself to discharge the duties of a parent manager?
4) Quiz: Facts about Parent Managers