This section provides highlights of the thematic seminars organised previously for school managers, so as to facilitate school managers to acquire, from the speakers’legal explanation and case sharing in the video clips, knowledge related to school operation and governance, with a view to enhancing their governance capabilities.
Views in the videos are purely shared by the speaker in his/her capacity. They are for reference only and should not be construed as legal advice or recommendation, which schools should obtain in each particular case if necessary.
Before watching the videos, please think about the following questions:
1) As the employer of school staff, what roles does an IMC play in human resource management?
2) What should an IMC pay attention to when formulating human resource management policies?
1) What are the duties of an incorporated management committee (IMC) concerning the matter of staff promotion?
2) If a member of the selection committee has a close relationship with the candidate, how should the issue be handled by the IMC?
3) Which general principles should IMCs note when drawing up the guidelines and procedures for staff promotion?
4) Do you know the mechanism, criteria and procedures in respect of staff promotion in your school?
5) In handling promotion matters, will your school ensure that the persons involved in the selection or approval process have made declaration of actual or potential conflicts of interest as appropriate?
6) Is an independent channel established in your school to handle appeals or complaints made by the unsuccessful candidates?
2) Please read Education Bureau Circular No. 30/2000 – Promotion, Acting Appointment, Regrading of Teachers/Specialists and Passage over Efficiency Bar of Specialist Staff in Aided Schools.
3) Please read EDB document "Arrangement for Regrading and Promotion of Teachers" (in Chinese only).
4) Please read Section 13.3 "Promotion and Re-grading" of the Code of Aid for Aided Schools and Section 5 of the Compendium to Code of Aid for Aided Schools.
|5) Please read Section 6.3.7 "Staff Promotion" in Chapter 6 "Staff Administration" of Best Practice Checklist: Governance and Internal Control in Schools issued by Independent Commission Against Corruption.|
|6) Regarding the above video clip and suggested reading, please select one item to share with the IMC members.|
1) What elements does a work injury consist of?
2) If a work injury is proven to be caused by negligence on the part of the school, which party, the IMC or the individual school manager, should assume the responsibility and why?
3) What should an employer take note of when reporting a work injury?
4) Do you know the procedures that your school handles work injuries of staff members?
5) What roles does an IMC play in handling work injuries of staff members?
2) Please read EDB document "Staff Injured on Duty".
|5) Regarding the above video clip and suggested reading, please select one item to share with the IMC members.|
Previous Next Back to Progressive Learning Journey for School Managers