The enhanced School Development and Accountability (SDA) framework Seminars-cum-workshops (Workshops)
(The enrolment for the Workshops in the first stage is full. The arrangement for the next school year will be announced in due course.)
- The Education Bureau (EDB) issued EDB Circular No.15/2022 on 11 November 2022 informing schools of the implementation details of the enhanced SDA framework. In the Circular, the EDB stipulated that the Workshops would be conducted in stages from April 2023 to help schools understand the enhanced work on school self-evaluation (SSE) through illustrations, including the formulation of school plans and reports in alignment with the Planning-Implementation-Evaluation cycle.
- The EDB will organise about 20 Workshops in the first stage from April to June 2023. Each Workshop will cater for representatives from about 20 schools.
- Since the Workshops are crucial to the implementation of the enhanced work on SSE, attendance of the principal is required. Each school should also nominate 3 other school leaders (e.g. Vice-principal, Prefect of Studies/Head of Curriculum Development, Primary School Curriculum Leader) to attend the Workshops.
- The Workshops will be conducted in the following two modes. Schools may enrol for the Workshops in one of the modes :
|By school sponsoring bodies (SSBs)|
- The Workshop is intended for schools under SSBs operating six schools or above (including secondary, primary and special schools) [Please refer to the list of SSBs at Annex 1 (primary schools) and Annex 2 (secondary schools)]
- The EDB will discuss with the SSBs the possibility of organising the Workshops by this mode.
- Relevant schools NEED NOT fill in the enrolment form at this stage.
|By individual schools|
- The Workshops are intended for individual schools which are NOT under the SSBs set out above.
- Schools wishing to register for the Workshops intended for individual schools are requested to complete the Enrolment Form at Annex 3 and send it to the Quality Assurance Sections of the Quality Assurance Division by fax on or before 10 February 2023 (Friday). Priorities will be given to schools with their school development cycle ending in the 2022/23 school year. Other applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Schools will be notified of their application results in due course.
- Enquiries about the Workshops should be made to Ms Debra LAU at 3902 3737, Ms S N CHEUNG at 3902 3728 or Ms W S LAU at 3902 3723 of Quality Assurance Sections, the EDB.
Special arrangements for bad weather
- Course for morning session will be cancelled when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued at or after 6:30 am.
- Course for afternoon session will be resumed when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, Course for afternoon session will continue to be cancelled.