Workshops on “The enhanced School Development and Accountability framework” 2023/24
- The Education Bureau (EDB) issued EDB Circular No.15/2022 on 11 November 2022 informing schools of the implementation details of the enhanced School Development and Accountability (SDA) framework. In the Circular, the EDB stipulated that the workshops would be conducted in batches to help schools understand the enhanced work on school self-evaluation (SSE) through illustrations, including the formulation of school plans and reports in alignment with the Planning-Implementation-Evaluation cycle. The first batch of workshops was conducted in the 2022/23 school year.
- The EDB will organise the second batch of workshops from December 2023 to March 2024. The half-day workshops (about 3.5 hours in the morning or afternoon session) will be conducted face-to-face. Each workshop will cater for school leaders from about 20 schools.
- The second batch of workshops target at the schools yet to participate in the workshops in the 2022/23 school year. Since the workshops are crucial to the implementation of the enhanced work on SSE, attendance of the Principal is required. Each school should also nominate 3 other school leaders (e.g. Vice-Principal, Prefect of Studies/Head of Curriculum Development, Primary School Curriculum Leader) to attend the same event of the workshops. The EDB anticipates that all publicly-funded secondary, primary and special schools will have participated in the workshops by the end of this school year.
- The workshops will be conducted in the following two modes. Schools may enrol for the workshops in one of the following modes :
|By school sponsoring bodies (SSBs)|
- The mode is intended for schools (including secondary, primary and special schools) under SSBs operating six schools or above
- The EDB has approached relevant SSBs to discuss related arrangements
|By individual schools|
- Schools are requested to fill in the online enrolment form on or before 17 November 2023
Links to the enrolment form :
Primary and special schools enrolment form
Secondary schools enrolment form
- Please refer to the
PDFfile for details of the online enrolment form
- Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The contact person of the school will be notified of the application result in due course via email
- Participants should complete an online self-learning course about the enhanced SDA framework and related assessment tasks, so as to gain an initial understanding of the concept and basic information of the enhanced SDA framework. Participants should complete the online self-learning course through the Virtual Learning Environment platform at Hong Kong Education City. For details and enrolment methods, please visit the Education Bureau (EDB) Training Calendar System (Course ID.: QA0020240016).
- For enquiries about the workshops, please contact Ms Sandy YUEN at 3902 3739, Ms Debra LAU at 3902 3737 or Ms Christina CHOY at 3902 3726 of the Quality Assurance Sections, the EDB.
Special arrangements for bad weather
- Workshop in the morning session will be cancelled when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued at or after 6:30 am.
- Workshop in the afternoon session will be resumed when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, workshop in the afternoon session will continue to be cancelled.