'i-Journey' Paid Non-local Study Leave Scheme for Teachers
The 'i-Journey' Paid Non-local Study Leave Scheme for Teachers aims to create a unique learning experience for participants, where they will start with an inquiry, get inspired in the process, and most importantly, bring an impact on their teaching/ student learning/ school development. "i" refers to the 3 crucial elements of this Scheme – inquire, inspire and impact, and together they make a fruitful learning journey.
- Enhance teachers’ professional capacity and inspire them with the latest global education developments.
- Promote a culture of research and inquiry in schools that brings positive changes and impact on learning and teaching.
- Create space for teachers to undertake professional development activities on a full-time basis.
Particpating teachers will be entitled to:
|Phase One||i. Pre-trip Preparation||A one-week period in Hong Kong for structured learning in a local university and developing a school-based project proposal.|
|ii. Overseas Experience||A five-week period for structured learning in an overseas university with school attachment/visits, during which participants further develop and finalise their proposals with the knowledge and experience gained.|
|iii. Post-trip Consolidation||A two-week period upon returning to Hong Kong for consolidation, write-up of a detailed implementation plan for the school-based project and participating in related courses/activities.|
|Phase Two||iv. Implementation of Finalised Proposal||A one-year period for the implementation of the school-based project in participants’ schools with a view to bringing positive changes; and the sharing of good practices with a larger professional community.|
Particpating schools will be entitled to:
- Full-pay study leave, covering pre-trip, overseas experience and post-trip
- Transportation between Hong Kong and the location for overseas experience
- Course fees, including tuition and course materials
- Lunch and local transportation (during school attachment only)
- Funding for employment of supply teacher(s) during participating teachers' whole study leave period.
Claim Form for Reimbursement of Daily-Rated Supply Teacher Salary
Template of Supply Teacher’s Receipt
In general, application is open to full-time serving school teachers who
- are permanent residents of Hong Kong; and
- are registered teachers;
For programme(s) is/are applicable for primary school teachers, teachers who
- are regular full-time teachers in aided schools (including special schools), full-time teachers in government or DSS primary schools at the time of application ; and
- have no less than five years (as at the application deadline stated) of full-time teaching experience in local primary schools.
For programme(s) is/are applicable for secondary school teachers, teachers who
- are regular full-time teachers in aided schools (including special schools), full-time teachers in government, caput or DSS secondary schools at the time of application ; and
- have no less than five years (as at the application deadline stated) of full-time teaching experience in local secondary schools.
For details, please refer to Information Notes to Applicants (Appendix A).
For further information about the Scheme, please contact the School Leadership & Professional Development Section, Education Bureau: