Visual Arts - Curriculum Support Resources
The learning and teaching resources materials of Visual Arts have been uploaded onto EDB One-stop Portal for Learning and Teaching Resources (www.hkedcity.net/edbosp/) for teachers’ reference. The resource materials include art appreciation and art making, and examples of learning and teaching as well as assessment.
Handbook for Visual Arts Teachers (Chi Only)
Guidelines on Safety
- Guidelines on Safety for Visual Arts in Primary Schools
- Guidelines on Safety for Visual Arts in Secondary Schools
Visual Arts Booklets The following materials are dispatched to schools for teachers' reference. For enquiries, please email to email@example.com.
Art Appreciation and Criticism in Context Series︰
Visual Arts Leaflets
The following materials are dispatched to schools for teachers' reference. For enquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developing 4 Pieces of Work with PROGRESSION under a Theme - an Example of Process
(for Senior Secondary Schools)
|Assessment for Learning Visual Arts Portfolio|
Examples of Teaching Design
- “Learning and Teaching of Drawing: Hong Kong Architecture” Short Video Series (Chi Only)
The videos aim to foster students’ interest in drawing and appreciation of local architecture, and nurture their positive attitudes towards cultural heritage.
- Lower Primary Affection in the Grids
Appreciate the grid architecture of Hong Kong, and draw the windows of apartments for expressing the affection of households.
- Upper Primary: Old Buildings, Come Alive!
Appreciate the proportion and symmetrical structure of traditional Chinese buildings, and revitalise them with imagination.
- Junior Secondary: Seeing Architecture
Appreciate streets and buildings in Hong Kong, and draw them with expressive lines for presenting the affection towards the community.
- Values Education (Chi Only)
- Animal Protection Series (Chi Only): Lower Primary Upper Primary Junior Secondary
- Curriculum Resources about the COVID-19
- Healthy Lifestyle in a Day at Home (Lower Primary), Defender of Hygiene (Upper Primary) and Loving Lives (Junior Secondary)
- After the Rain Series: Lower Primary Upper Primary (Chi Only)Junior Secondary (Chi Only)
Assessment Tasks Bank (for Senior Secondary Schools)
Visual Arts related Studies and Career Pathways (Chi only)
Reading to Learn
- Glossary of Terms Commonly Used in the Learning and Teaching of Visual Arts
- Vocabularies for Describing Visual Phenomena
- Vocabularies for Describing an Artwork/ a Design Work
Pilot Project on the Development of Learning Outcomes Frameworks in Visual Arts (Chi Only)
|Phase 1: Literature Review|| |
Part 1 – Building Up of Visual Arts Assessment Framework
Part 2 – Trial of Visual Arts Assessment Framework
Part 3 – Examples of Visual Arts Assessment Framework
|Phase 3: |
Learning Progression Framework (LPF) 3 – Examples of Visual Arts Assessment Framework